SHP Division 26
Join SHP Today!
Thank you for your interest in joining the Society for the History of Psychology
SHP members seek to extend the awareness and appreciation of the history of psychology as an aid to the understanding of contemporary psychology, of the relation of the discipline to other scientific fields, and of its role in society. Some members of SHP are primarily interested in teaching the history of psychology while others focus on original research and scholarship in the discipline. All members are encouraged to share their knowledge and contribute to the discipline of the history of psychology.
Who is Eligible?
Membership categories include:
Benefits of Membership
To meet the needs of our members, SHP:
- Publishes the high-quality peer-reviewed journal, History of Psychology, which includes the latest research in the history of psychology. Membership dues include a subscription to the journal.
- Fosters a scholarly community by facilitating discussions about the history of psychology.
- Sponsors conference programs.
Organizes history of psychology focused programming at the annual meeting of the APA.
Maintains an active listserv for members who choose to subscribe.
- Provides opportunities to participate in SHP’s governance.
Provides opportunities for members to extend their network among others interested in the history of psychology.
- Bestows awards, including:
- Best Student Paper (presented as part of the SHP programming at APA)
- Best Paper published in the past year’s issues of
- History of Psychology
Distinguished and Early Career awards
All SHP memberships are for January-December. Applications submitted at the APA Convention will be applied to the current year; applications submitted after the APA Convention will be applied to the next year.
How to Join